What Is IV Therapy?
posted: Mar. 23, 2022.
Fatigue, acne, muscle spasms and other physical ailments can be a problem if you have a vitamin or nutrient deficiency. Fortunately, IV therapy offered by your Chico, CA, physician, Dr. Akua Agyeman of Aesthetic Medicine, can help you safely boost your levels and improve your health.
How does IV therapy work?
Deficiencies are a common problem for many people in the U.S. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as many as 30 million people may suffer from vitamin B6 deficiencies and 23 million from vitamin D deficiencies. Additionally, low iron levels are a problem for 7.5 million women.
IV therapy reverses dehydration and increases the level of vitamins and nutrients in your body. During the therapy, vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants are added to your bloodstream through an intravenous (IV) line placed in a vein. IV therapy makes it easier for your body to absorb nutrients and provides much quicker results than oral supplements. After your doctor determines which deficiencies are causing your symptoms, she'll create a custom formula for your treatment. Treatments usually take about 15 to 90 minutes
What are the benefits of IV therapy?
Although eating too much junk food is one cause of vitamin and nutrient deficiencies, the problem may still occur even if you eat healthy foods. Deficiencies can cause a range of health problems, including:
- Skin Issues: Many types of skin problems can be caused by deficiencies. Your pimples, rashes or dry skin could be caused or worsened by a vitamin B deficiency, while an eczema flare-up could be related to low levels of vitamin A. IV therapy improves acne, enhances skin hydration, and gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Low Energy: Do you frequently feel tired or lack stamina? IV therapy at the Chico, Med Spa improves the balance of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants and helps you feel more energetic.
- Muscle Spasms: When vitamins and nutrients are balanced, you'll be less likely to experience muscle spasms and may notice an improvement in your athletic performance.
- Illnesses: You're more likely to catch colds and other illnesses when you have a vitamin or nutrient deficiency. Treatments also improve nutritional deficiencies common in chronic health conditions like cystic fibrosis and Crohn's disease.
IV therapy may also:
- Enhance concentration and focus
- Reduce stress
- Enhance relaxation
- Help you lose weight
- Decrease gastrointestinal issues
- Help your body remove toxins naturally
Would you like to try IV therapy? Call your physician in Chico, CA, Dr. Agyeman of Aesthetic Medicine, at (530) 809-1455 to schedule an appointment.